You have been probably waiting for the prom night for months. It’s officially the ‘day’ when you can actually wear something really special and stun everyone around you. A few things are obvious – You need a good outfit that accentuates your body and must get the fittings done in advance, but what are the current trends? If you like to get inspired by fashion changes, here’s a quick look at the trends worth noting for 2018.
- Sheer is in. Wearing a completely sheer dress for your prom night might not be the best idea, but you can work around with illusions of shape. Go for something that’s sober and yet revealing in a subtle way. What even better is the fact that you can buy discounted dresses from many designers online, which ensures plenty of dresses.
- Two-piece is trending. Feel like ditching the traditional prom dress? Well, you need a two-piece outfit, which can work for your shape. Go for a skirt and top that are coordinated and matched to perfection, or you can even match a cropped top with a contrast skirt – the choice is yours.
- Cutouts are perfect. If you don’t feel like wearing a sheer outfit, cutouts are just an ideal option to go for. You can actually work around the cuts, which can be aptly placed around the shoulder, waist or even on the arms. The idea to show off what you prefer.
- Bare the back. A lot of young girls are also opting for backless gowns, which are flattering in more ways than one. You can go for something that’s completely backless or can work around with cuts. Make sure that you buy the right lingerie, as well.
- Printed is better. Traditionally, prom gowns are more about solid colors and materials like lace and satin, but if you want to make a difference, go for a printed outfit. Girls on the plus side should consider going for micro prints, while petite ladies can literally select anything from block prints to placement prints.
Before you buy a prom dress, picture yourself wearing it. The idea is to feel comfortable and sleek at the same time, because you would be in the outfit for at least a few hours. Also, make sure that it fits you well, and as we mentioned, the fittings should be done beforehand. Check online for the best prom dresses now!